Paint Colors for Bedrooms: Restful Is Better
Everyone knows that choosing the right paint color for a room can make all the difference. The choice of color has a significant effect on the mood and feeling of a room. When you’re choosing paint colors for your bedroom, you want them not only to look good, but also make your bedroom a restful, calm place. But how do you do this? What colors should you choose?
General Tips for Creating a Restful Atmosphere in your Bedroom
There are many factors that affect the feeling of a room, like organization, decorations, and lighting. However, your paint choices might be one of the most important of those factors. Here are a few general paint color tips for promoting a restful atmosphere in your bedroom:
- Choosing gentle paint colors is probably one of the most important things you can do.
- Also important is not to use too many colors at once. This can be tempting since there are so many options. However, one color at a time is best, at least that you can see from your bed.
- You might not think the paint finish for your bedroom makes a significant difference to the feel of it. It really does, though, and choosing a less glossy finish will make your room much calmer.
The Right Restful Color for your Bedroom
The ideal color for a peaceful bedroom is a blue-gray, light grey, or lavender. Here are a few reasons they are the best choices:
- All of these colors are very neutral
- They are not associated with anything stressful (like red is associated with danger, or orange with construction)
- These colors don’t reflect light; they absorb it. This makes a much more peaceful room, particularly when you’re starting to settle down for the night
Excellent Painting Company in Virginia and Maryland
If you’re looking for a quality interior painting contractor in Northern Virginia, Maryland, or the D.C. area, then Williams Professional Painting would be happy to serve you. Our design center offers professional color advice to help you choose the perfect restful tones for your bedroom. Additionally, we offer exterior painting, kitchen cabinet painting, and cabinet finishing services. Please feel free to call, or click here to schedule an estimate.