This past Friday, March 29, 2013, Williams Professional Painting concluded their work on the interior of our building and the final check has been issued under the contract into which we entered back in February 2012. For purposes of your records and knowing what paint was used, please be advised we used Benjamin Moore “Pale Oak” on the first floor and a custom blend we titled “Nimbus 50%” for floors 2-roof vestibule, also manufactured by Benjamin Moore. Due in part to circumstances beyond our control, the project took longer than expected, but was well worth the wait considering the following five factors that help demonstrate the extra value we received under this contract:
- the paint class was upgraded to “Aura,” the highest quality available, and wallpaper areas addressed twice, at no extra cost to the Association;
- the painters worked quietly and on weekends, and Dave Williams even placed himself in harm’s way by photographing an intruder and likely criminal;
- Dave Williams and his painting staff were professional at all times and exhibited extraordinary amounts of patience in addressing our every concern;
- Dave Williams acted as a consultant during the paint selection phase and accommodated our many requests to test a multitude of paint samples; and
- Williams Professional Painting made an inordinate amount of extra trips to our property, which costs the firm time and money, in order to accommodate our preferences, coordinate with our redesign schedule, and paint, repaint and caulk several areas outside the contract scope at no charge to the Association because he was not satisfied.
Given the high level of commitment Williams Professional Painting made to our property, it was considerably important – and fair – that this extra information be imparted to you. The Board anticipates budgeting for “upkeep” painting to keep the common elements as pristine as they look now. While the Board cannot offer an endorsement of a particular contractor to you, I have personally been impressed enough by the perfectionist efforts of Williams Professional Painting to retain them in the near future to paint my private residence and therefore have copied Dave Williams on this message in case you wish to consider him for the same. Although Williams Professional Painting will not be able to offer us a viable solution to paint the exterior elevator doors and entryway cladding on floors 2 – roof vestibule, the Board is engaged in discussions with an elevator specialist who purportedly has the technology to make those surfaces more receptive to paint engineered just to adhere to those challenging types of entryways.