How can you tell a great interior painting company from a mediocre one? There are so many interior house painters in and around College Park, you want to make sure you are getting a great one! There are signs to watch for all throughout the project, and if you learn to recognize them, it can ensure you have a positive experience for your next interior painting project.
The most vital stage to pay attention to is the pre-project time, when you are getting estimates and investigating options. Nevertheless, it is also important to be able to recognize excellence during the project, and once it is done. Let's take a look at the stages in that order.
Stage 1 - Finding a Great Interior House Painter
It can be difficult to evaluate an interior painting contractor before you actually see them at work, but that is really the most important time. After all, once a contract is signed and the workers are applying paint to the walls, it's too late to change!
College Park residents can spot the early signs of a great painter, however, if they know what to look for:
- Prompt, responsive, polite communication in person and by phone/email
- Timeliness in arriving for the estimate appointment
- Willingness to answer all your questions
- Professional attire and company vehicles
- A written estimate on company letterhead, with clear details of exactly what is included
- Good reviews on online review sites
- Proof of state licensing, liability insurance and Worker's Compensation insurance
There is also an intangible quality to look for. Do you feel comfortable with these people? Would you trust them in your house? Do they treat you and your family with respect? When a College Park house painter gives you a positive experience with all the above items, you can more forward with confidence!
Stage 2 - The Interior House Painting Underway
Now that the project has begun, here are some of the things you should be seeing:
- Thorough surface preparation, so that all damage is repaired, surfaces are smooth, and primer is applied (if necessary)
- Careful protection of all non-painted surfaces, so that there are no drips, splatters, or runs
- Methodical application of high-quality paint
- A tidy work area and respectful, friendly, reliable painters
- Ongoing communication about the work schedule and the anticipated finish date
Of course, you should also be seeing a transformation taking place!
Stage 3 - The Happy Homeowner!
Once the painting is wrapped up and the workers have left, there are two main ways that you can finish your evaluation of the interior painting company.
First, look at the cleanup. The workers should have removed all signs of their presence, except, of course, the new paint! This means no painter's tape or plastic, no garbage, no damage, and no mess. Anything they moved out of the way, they should have moved back.
Finally, enjoy the final result! If you had a great painting company, your College Park home should be looking phenomenal! There should be clean, straight lines; smooth surfaces; rich, even colors; and a gorgeous overall appearance!
Williams Professional Painting
As one of your options for a College Park interior painting company, Williams Professional Painting would love to have the chance to show you our true quality. We believe that if you give us a try, you'll never need to go searching again!
Since 1979, Williams Professional Painting has been serving the Washington, D.C. region, including northern Virginia and suburban Maryland. We offer a wide range of interior and exterior painting services, including kitchen cabinet painting, deck maintenance, molding installation, wallpaper removal, and much more.
To request your free interior painting estimate, use our online contact form, or call our office today. We can't wait to meet you!