For those who are fortunate enough to own a home in Chantilly, Virginia, there are many ways to make your home fit your personality and lifestyle. While landscaping and interior decorating are great opportunities for this, exterior painting is one of the first things neighbors and visitors notice. The exterior paint is also a great way to invest in the resale value of your home.
Why Is Exterior Painting Important for the Health of Your Home?
Here in Chantilly, it is not common that we get really extreme weather. Nevertheless, normal seasonal changes do tend to attack the integrity of your exterior surfaces:
- Sun exposure will fade the paint and cause surfaces to dry out, causing splitting and warping
- Rain and humidity can seep into unprotected wood, causing dry rot and mildew
- Snow and ice cause the degradation of many types of surfaces, wood being the primary among them
- Summer heat and winter moisture cause seasonal expansion and contraction, leading to cracks and splits
When you keep the exterior paint well maintained, it provides a barrier that keeps the elements at bay, protecting your home against all these dangers.
The Dangers of Delay
For most of us, routine maintenance sits on the back burner until the issues are shouting for attention. How many times have we let our cars get overdue for an oil change, or have we lived with a burned out light bulb a ridiculously long time?
In the case of exterior house painting, the results of delay can be disastrous. You see, when you apply exterior paint over a previous coating that is still healthy, the process is fairly smooth and inexpensive. However, if you wait until the previous house paint has begun to fail, the process can require extensive remediation. This can become laborious, frustrating, and expensive!
The best way to keep your Chantilly home exterior in great shape is through yearly paint maintenance. This involves a variety of aspects:
- Pressure washing to keep the house looking great, and to keep contaminants from degrading the exterior paint
- Localized touch-up painting for trouble spots or problem areas
- Protective coatings on stained woodwork, such as decks, stairs, and railings as needed
- Check and refresh the caulking around doors, windows, and other potential leak points
When your home is maintained well, it extends the life of your exterior paint, reducing the frequency of repainting. Additionally, it keeps your home looking fantastic, year after year!
Williams Professional Painting
Homeowners looking for a Chantilly exterior house painter need look no further than Williams Professional Painting. For over 40 years, we have been serving clients in and around Chantilly, building our reputation on exceptional customer service and unbeatable painting results. We also offer a fantastic guarantee on our exterior painting, ensuring your complete satisfaction with our work.
Call Williams Professional Painting to schedule your free exterior house painting estimate, or use our online estimate request form. We look forward to meeting you!