How Do You Choose Exterior Paint Colors? Tips for the D.C. Area
You know, it feels like all the painting talk recently has been focused on interior work. And, there is a good reason for that! Cold weather and snow tend to push our focus indoors during this time of year. But, as crazy as it might sound, before you know it the sun will be shining and you’ll find yourself actually enjoying working outside.
With that in mind, we thought we’d discuss a question that often comes up: how do you choose exterior paint colors for your home? After all, it’s a big decision, and it carries a feeling of permanence with it. So, bear with us as we jump ahead just a bit and help you plan for exterior painting season!
Making the Right Paint Decision for Your Home
There are several factors that can help you to narrow down your paint color selection. Why not see if one of these applies to you?
- Consider your “fixed colors” - Does your home’s exterior include brick, stone, or perhaps a unique roof color? This is a major player in the color game since you won’t want the choice you make to clash with an aspect of your property that can’t be changed. If you have a lot of brick, for example, earthy colors would be a nice, complimenting choice.
- Your home’s architectural style - Do you have a home that is built in a very specific, historical style? If so, staying true to its heritage is a good option.
- Regional homes - It also can be fun to take into consideration the region where you live. Different parts of our country are known for different styles (think the cold, crisp lines of white homes with black shutters in New England, for example). Letting those regional characteristics shape your exterior color choices can work to create an authentic look.
- Classic styling - It can be hard to go wrong with a lighter body color for your home with a complimenting, darker trim. Think outside the box a bit (a paint color professional can help with this!) and try something new with this tried and true look.
- Accent door - Want a smaller-scale way to add a more adventurous pop of color? Try painting your front door a bright, bold color.
Do You Need a Professional Painter?
From color selection to expert application, Williams Professional Painting has got you covered! It would be our pleasure to put our services to work for you. Why not contact us today?