We are concerned about the growing number of consumer complaints against home improvement contractors. As a result of many of the "Fly By Nights" who open up shop during the season and close down and disappear when the peak is over with, many legitimate contractors are being left with having to deal with an increase in suspicion by property owners who have been dealt with unfairly in the past.
We understand the vulnerable position that the property owner finds themselves in and we want to help stop the deceit and irresponsibility that has invaded the home improvement business.
In order to assist you in obtaining the best possible service with the least chance of running into problems after you have already selected a contractor, we are providing you with this basic checklist to use in comparing the estimates that you receive. We have answered all of the questions as they pertain to our company.
- Is the Company properly licensed to do business ? Yes
- Is the Company insured with liability insurance, to protect against damage to either you or your property ? Yes
- Does the company carry workers compensation insurance to cover any injury to their employees? Yes
- Can they provide a certificate of insurance if required ? Yes
- How long have they been established in the area ? 30 Years
- Do they use regular full time employees or do they hire people as they need them for a job ? We use only full time year round employees.
- Will the owner or a qualified job foreman always be on site ? Yes
- Has the company performed work in your area before ? Contact Us for a list of references in your area
- If the company is a seasonal one, how will they respond to your concerns if they should arise during the off season ? WPS is a year round firm dedicated to customer satisfaction.
- What quality (brand and line) materials will be used ? Contact Us
- What are the deposit (down payment) requirements ? 20 %
- What preparation is done as part of the paint job ? Contact Us
- What forms of payment are accepted? Credit Cards (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), Personal checks, Cashier Checks.
- What type of work do they primarily specialize in (residential, commercial, interior, exterior, production, custom etc.) ? Custom interior and exterior, residential and commercial.