5 Fun Home Improvement Ideas to Tackle this Winter
The winter is a wonderful season for turning your eyes indoors. Rather than be constantly on the run, or worrying about trying to soak up every drop of that limited summer sunshine, you can take a deep breath, sit down, pour yourself a hot drink, and relax.
Well, at least until it’s time to shovel.
But we won’t worry about that yet. For now, why not take advantage of the colder months, and use them as a chance to take on a few fun, doable interior painting and home improvement projects? No pressure. Hand-pick your favorites and do them at your own pace.
A Variety of Projects for the Spaces You Value Most
- Interior painting – Few things are more fun than making the spaces you love truly your own. The sky’s the limit! You can start small by tackling an accent wall, or maybe painting a decorative piece of furniture. If you’re worried about fumes, ask your paint supplier or professional interior painter about using low-VOC paint. This is an environmentally friendly, low-odor option.
- Refinish your doors – Are your doors scarred by dings, marks, and smudges? Interior doors count as high-traffic areas in your home, being pushed, banged, and maybe even occasionally slammed open and shut. Either painting or staining them will make an incredible difference!
- Install a backsplash – This is a budget-friendly way to make a huge stylistic change in your kitchen. And, with the hundreds of options out there, you can create just the look you have in mind. If you aren’t sure where to start, take a look at other kitchen backsplash designs, and then get to work on your own.
- Organization – Do you have a closet that you are just a little afraid to even touch? Invest in some plastic storage containers, brew a fresh cup of coffee (or maybe a full pot), and start working during your next free afternoon. You’ll feel great, and who knows? You might discover that you have more space than you think you do!
- Play with lighting – Have a dark room, or maybe you’d like a way to fight the seasonally shorter days? Why not add a few lights? Track lighting is a great way to strategically illuminate a space; aiming the light exactly where you need it most.
Are You Looking for a Professional Painting Company?
A professional painting company can really take the stress out of any interior painting project you might have in mind. Why not contact us at Williams Professional Painting? It would be our pleasure to put our services to work for you!